Panelists: Paul Hagstrom (hosting), Jack Nutting, Blake Patterson, and Carrington Vanston
Topic: On whether RealPlayer suuuuuuux
Computer video: What have been the most striking impacts computer video has had on you?
- My first taste of CGA composite color
- 1K colors on CGA: How it’s done
- Full Motion Video World
- Steve Gibson’s page on subpixel rendering
- The mysterious orange vertical line (Apple Orchard v1n2 Fall 1980)
Retro Computing News:
- Triton – The Forgotten 1970’s Home Computer – Part 1
- An Absurd Number of People Still Play Microsoft Solitaire
- Play MS Solitaire Online
- Living Computer Museum + Labs is closed at least for now
- Microsoft Open-Sources GW-BASIC
- Github: Microsoft GW-BASIC Interpreter Source Code
- VCF Southeast 8.0. July 10-12. Atlanta, GA.
- KansasFest. July 24-25. Online.
- WozFest SWEET 16. Sat Jul 25. Online.
- VCF West. August 1-2. Mountain View, CA (Computer History Museum).
- VCF East. October 10-12, 2020 (rescheduled). InfoAge. Wall, NJ.
Vintage Computer-related Commercials:
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- Blake: CBC-7000 Model No. Dialer VI
- Carrington: Alice Through The Looking Glass for Lisa and Mac
- See also: Chess.app on Mac OS X and OpenStep
- See also: Screens: Mac Plus
- See also: Alice (Folklore.org)
- See also: AliceX online
- Legacy graphical text adventure for 128K Mac
- Paul: Cheat code for Apple hardware completist
- @rcrpodcast on Twitter
- Vintage Computer Forum
- RCR Podcast on Facebook
- Throwback Network
- Throwback Network on Facebook
Intro / Closing Song: Back to Oz by John X – link
Includes: “Corncob” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) which is
Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Show audio files hosted by CyberEars
Podcast: Play in new window | Download