Panelists: Michael Mulhern (hosting), Ken Gagne, Paul Hagstrom, and Jack Nutting
Host's Topic: Would you make a irreversible upgrade/mod to one of your retro computers?
Anything from adding a 3.5mm audio jack, “dremeling” a hole or slot in the case to feed a cable through. Cutting a trace, or adding a jumper or any other change that although could be “reversed”, but not to original condition . . . . How far would you go upgrading a retro machine?
Retro Computing News:
- Range of new RPN calculators modelled on classic HPs
- RetroChallenge is back with the “Winter Warmup 2016”
- Many VCF East 5, 6, and 9.1 videos up!
- RetroVGS is now a Coleco console
- Put a Vampire in your Amiga 600
- Vector retrogaming, with an oscilloscope
- Jimmy Maher's Digital Antiquarian e-book
- Adding composite video to a Sinclair ZX81
- Original web browser on emulated NeXTstep 1.0 (on oldweb.today)
Vintage Computer Commercial:
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- Jack: Incredible Musical Keyboard for C64
- Michael: Interestime Computer
- Paul: Beautiful TI CC40 set, with history