Panelists: Jack Nutting (hosting), Paul Hagstrom, and Michael Mulhern
Host's Topic: 35 years since there wasn't yet an IBM PC
The IBM PC launched into a world of many personal computer brands, types, operating systems, and eventually took the label and became the ubiquitous and standard PC (and PC-compatible), leaving most other systems fallen by the wayside.
Retro Computing News:
- The first IBM PC was released 35 years ago (12/8/1981) (The Telegraph)
- John Draper, speaking from VCF Berlin 2015
- Vampire Accelerator, now for Amiga 500
- The Rise and Fall of the Gopher protocol
- How did the Cauzin Softstrip encode the programs?
- ANTIC interview 115: Bob Brass and Peter D'Amato, Cauzin Softstrip
- Why the IBM PC used an Intel 8088
Vintage Computer Commercial
Retro Computing Gift Idea:
- Michael: Amiga 500 Main Board serviced and ready to go
- Paul: Sinclair ZX-8what?
- @rcrpodcast on Twitter
- Vintage Computer Forum
- RCR Podcast on Facebook
- Throwback Network